Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2015

saturday skinny


Happy Saturday everyone! Today's Saturday Skinny post is all about what's going on in your neck of the woods. First thing's first on my skinny: it's the fourth of July and it's the actual day my blog was started. Happy Birthday BigTime Literacy!



This blogging journey has been so fun! In two years, I have learned so many new things and been able to learn and share with tons of people! But the best thing was last Sunday night and getting ready to do a Twitter Chat and seeing some friends (who I've never met) participating with me. Love the relationships that are blooming from this blogging journey!

So, Saturday Skinny: I'm in Southern California visiting my girlfriends! My friend Katie and I got out here on Tuesday and then went to our friend Jamie's house for the night. Then, we made our way to Newport Beach.

I had my first Balboa Bar:


We spent some time on the beach (but never enough):



and had lots of fun with a Selfie Stick:


And then Thursday afternoon, Hektor came too. He finally got to meet the last of my closest friends, Jamie. We went back to the beach, had a great dinner and met Katie's childhood friends, and he was able to see why I love these friends so much (they're hilarious).

We'll be here till Monday and still have some wineries to see, a Dodgers game to catch, and a fun fourth of July at a lake by Jamie's house. Excited!

So I'm sorry if I've been off the grid with commenting at you guys back! I get home on Monday night so I'll be more normal with it beginning on Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Happy blogiversary! So glad that smart people, like you, have opened up their lives (and teaching goodness) and shared it with the rest of us who just want to be better tomorrow than we were today. That beach looks wonderful, enjoy all the moments you have left on the West Coast!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got back from California! We never made it to Newport Beach, but we did go to Seal Beach and Long Beach, and Disney of course. Have a great time! I bet their fireworks are going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Looks like you're having tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogiversary! The beach looks and sounds amazing! No need to worry about replying. Enjoy your time off the grid. There's something to be said about that much time needed off from being plugged in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...