Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2016

bad egg {sol 3.10.16}

WRITE your story.
SHARE your link.
GIVE some love via comments.

My morning routine is the same every day: wake up, shower, wash some dishes, do hair, makeup, make food, get dressed, make coffee, grab my stuff, go to work.

The frying pan I usually use to make egg whites (every morning, creature of habit) was soaking in the sink - I had made something else last night with it.

So, I washed dishes, as per usual, after I showered. (That way they have a little time to dry before I need them to make egg whites.)

Fast forward through all my morning routine, to the eating of the eggs. They had a new flavor. A flavor of Dawn... and, no, not a fresh morning, new beginning, sun-coming-up flavor, but that of dish soap.

And this wasn't the first time.

See, I have to be careful when doing dishes. If I put too much soap on the sponge, there will be some flavor left over and it will get seared into the eggs. This morning, I was safe with the sponge, but pretty sure I soaked that pan last night with hot water and (probably too much) dish soap.

After the first bite, I knew the error of my ways right away, but didn't really have time to make anything else, so I thought I could just finish them with some extra OJ. I had a second bite, and with more hesitation a third. After a swig of OJ, I choked down a forth, but that was it. The rest went in the trash.


That's great - go ahead and smell dawn and new beginnings, but let's keep the flavor out of the eggs.

4 comments:

  1. Eeewww. This made me giggle and gag! At least tomorrow is Friday. Better luck in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I don't know how you lasted four bites! Good luck in the morning! Here's hoping to "Dawn-less" eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soapy eggs do not sound good. I have a feeling tomorrow's egg whites will be soap-less!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never actually eat breakfast ever, so the fact that you actually make eggs every morning is quite impressive to me. Soap or no soap.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...