Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

what I'm loving Wednesday

WRITE a list of things you're currently loving.
LINK your post to mine.
COMMENT on the other bloggers' posts!



Hello! Hope you're having a fab week! Join me for What I'm loving Wednesday!


This tote


Yes, you're reading correctly - it says Totes ma Goats. I saw it at a Home Goods out in the suburbs and I love it. Totes wanted to buy it but it was $8 and I couldn't justify buying it for my grocery shopping. Next best thing? Save it on the blog!


Biggest Loser Challenge

We are having this challenge at work right now - for 12 weeks so it's going to end by spring break, but it's so awesome doing this with friends from work. Everyone is eating healthy and encouraging one another and I just love it! Plus, I'm trying out new recipes:


Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes with Pure Maple Syrup

These were so good! I just used a mix I found at the grocery story. See, my whole strategy is eat as close to a whole foods diet as I can. It's not 100% of the time, but the more food I eat that is only one ingredient, the better. I'm trying to avoid processed food - just because it's so hard for our body to break it down. Whole foods are the way to go!


Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Yes, that's right. A crust made from cauliflower and cheese. This wasn't as good as the pancakes, but it was healthy! The cool thing is that the crust stayed in tact. The bad thing was that I think I made it too thick. Taste wise, it wasn't a Chicago Style Deep Dish by any means. It was just okay for me. Not sure I'd make this again - just eat salads all week and save up for a real pizza!

Also: We weighed in today and I was down 1.5 pounds! And: I totally had a few cheats last week!


Meeting with the Literacy Coaches

Today we had a great PD in our district so all the Literacy Coaches got together with a professor from National Louis University. It was great to learn new things about coaching and be with the group of coaches from the district. One thing that is standing out to me was a comment that Felicia, one of the coaches made, "Teaching is artistry in the classroom." She's so right. I believe there is a science to teaching, but it's also an art. Not just anyone can get up in front of a class of students and make learning happen. There is so much that goes into teaching and learning. I love that I get to see amazing things happening in classrooms at our school all the time!



source


Skyping with one of my blogging friends

Blogging is so amazing. I have friends all around the country because of it and on Monday night I got to skype with Alyce from Mrs. Bartel's School Family about reading instruction. How amazing is it that we live in two states (Illinois and Kansas) and we're collaborating?! The power of technology, blogging, and social media is truly amazing!


source

Well, that's all for me today! Please follow me on facebook (or IG or Twitter) so you'll be in the know for my linkys! I'd love to have you share what you're loving with me!



2 comments:

  1. Felicia is a wise woman! Congrats on your weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cauliflower pizza crust sounds good to me--may be trying that in the near future. And I completely adore you! Thanks for collaborating with me, it was amazing!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...