Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

currently february

Good morning from a very snowy Chicago! Love the first of the month and Farley's Currently Party!




Listening to.....the quiet of the snowfall
It's a winter wonderland here! I think winter has finally found us, and I'm glad it's on a day that I don't have to be out cleaning off my car at 6:30 to get to work on time. The snow really is beautiful and peaceful - when you get to admire it from inside your cozy home! (And take a pic through the window!)



Loving....Remind
Are you using this to stay connected with the families of your students? If not, read the post I wrote about it yesterday and get connected! So easy and convenient!

Thinking....I need to read more!
I know I mentioned this in my New Years Resolutions, but I really do want to turn the TV off more and spend more time with books. I'm proud of myself though - I read a whole book last week and it was great! It was The Duff - appropriate for high school girls (but I'd probably give it to my former 8th graders!) Soon to be a movie and now I'm ready to watch it on February 20th! I'm now just starting Orphan Train and it's good, too. I just get sidetracked on Instagram and Pinterest and with Parenthood and Scandal. Oh, and the Bachelor of course...but, gotta commit to the books!




Wanting....a new iPhone
I've been waiting for tax season to come around because I really want a new phone. For the first time, I'm going to get one with a bigger storage - I'm always snapping pictures and videos and need more space! Can't wait for my tax return to come back later this month and the new technology to make me a happy blogger!

Needing....a beach vacation
Yes, in the same post as me loving the snowfall, I am also needing some sunshine and Vitamin D. Mom, are you reading? I'd love to visit on spring break...wink, wink! :-)

Pageant Title...Ms. Everything Just So
Yeah, I just like things how I like them. Example: I have a binder where I keep old to do lists, notes for my evaluation, and the Teacher's Contract and Union Meeting notes. I brought it home and made each section it's own printed title page with graphics and cute fonts. Example: I like only these certain pens in blue ink. Example: I only like taking notes at meetings and PDs with a notebook and pen, and not just any notebook, the notebook I bought for that school year. I just like things how I like them....anyone else with me?



That's all for me this month! Have a great February and please follow me if you want to keep in touch!





7 comments:

  1. I am from Chicago!!! Now living in Dallas I do miss those pretty snowfalls BUT I do NOT miss those cooooold temps! Enjoy your winter wonderland from inside :) I am off to find you on IG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on waiting on the tax refund to get a new phone. I have an iPhone 5c but it is super duper cracked...like so cracked that pieces of the screen are missing! Yikes! Anyways, I guess it's a good excuse to upgrade to the 6.

    I'm glad I found your blog. My good friend and college roommate is a coach in Chicago too!

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send some of that snow down to NC! All I ask is for one good snow and I'm thinking tomorrow would be perfect :) Although, a beach vacation would probably do me right about now too!
    Have a great snowy day!

    Whitney
    Fabulous Fun in Grade 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been Reading in the Wild and it's opened my eyes about how much I should be reading everyday! I decided to make it a goal for myself and have been doing better. Enjoy the snow and game today! I'm going to stay snuggled up inside!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Remind as well. I find it so easy to use and more effective than my weekly newsletter! I blogged about a new iPhone and I am actually considering the 6+ but you make a great point about storage. Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks cold in the windy city! I vowed to read more this year! I am in grad school, so it seems everything I have been reading is leadership related. I did a pretty good job of reading for pleasure in January...now just have to keep it up! I hope you have a great week!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a snow day sooo bad! Love your " just so" quality. I think I share it with you! I have certain pens for certain tasks and notebooks with a job and binders with a job. But it's part of organization, right! Enjoy your winter!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...