Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

summer rituals



Hey all y'all! It's the BigTime Blogging Challenge. I'm writing every day in July to celebrate my blog's three year anniversary! Join me - write your post, link it up with mine, leave some love for blogging friends in the form of comments!


Okay, got a little confused there. Did the Virtual Vision Board on the wrong date, so I'm back with the summer rituals today. Feel free to do whatever kind of post you'd like to!

Here we go with some summer rituals.

1. Sleep in. Every day.
I'm still waking up early, and when I see that the clock says 6:00am, I tell myself to go back to sleep. Today, it was raining out, lots, and so it was the best day to sleep in. I did until 9am! That was crazy, but also amazing.

2. See friends
Many of my closest friends live out of state: Kentucky, Arizona, and California. Summer is the time when I get to see all of them. Last year, I met most of them in California, this year, they're coming here. I can't wait until later this month! Last year I took some videos of our conversations. My friends think I'm so dumb for doing that, but then, during the year when I miss them, I can call up the videos and see them and laugh again. I love it.

3. Writing & Reading
I always get a stack of books going - usually never finish it though, that's okay. I also do writing, here on my blog mostly. This challenge is in it's third year, so I'd say that's a ritual!

4. See Chicago
The beach, the festivals, Cubs and Sox games - it's a great time to be a tourist in my own city. Even better when I have friends in town to share it with!

5. Go on a trip
Some summers are better stacked with trips than others. This summer it was Nashville and then in a few weekends, I'm going to a friends' lake house for her bachelorette party. I love to get out of town, explore new places. Next summer? Spain for 10 days, so stoked!

Those are just a few of the things I make sure and always do. You know, I read a post by someone the other day about how they were feeling guilty for not doing more work. I have been feeling the same today. I feel like I should be reading more often so I can actually finish all these books, maybe I should be going to some professional development sessions or teaching more of them? Please reassure me that it's okay that yesterday I didn't shower till 5? That it's okay to binge on Netflix (currently: Shameless). It's okay to watch You Tube videos about Erin Condren planners for an hour? I was feeling really, really guilty yesterday!

Alright, rant over. Sorry for this mood. It happens, right?


1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Guilt is such a useless emotion!! That is why I cut out that magazine clip that said Guilt-Free and put it on my board, I want to eliminate guilt, or cut it way back. It is OKAY that you didn't get dressed until 5. And that you are binge-watching shows on Netflix. We have totally gotten to the point of burn out by the time school gets out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...