Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2019

chirp

I live in an apartment. Five units, three floors. I'm on the second floor, rear apartment. I love this home. When people visit they always tell me, "It's so cozy here." Yup.  This is part of the reason I'm cool being home by myself.

But there is a chirp happening. It's the smoke detector in the hallway to the units, somewhere. Throughout the day when I'm home, I hear it, but intermittently. So I hear it, think I should fix it, remind myself I don't have a ladder, and then continue with what I was doing in the first place.

But then it chirps again.

Totally reminded me of that modern family episode when Phil Dunphy (one of my fave characters of all time on TV) tries to fix his, check it out:


There mine goes again. I think I'll text my landlord and let him take care of it. After all, he's making the big bucks.

1 comment:

  1. I also live near the back of my apartment building, three floors up. It's a lot of stairs, but I love coming home, too. Good luck with that smoke detector. Those chirps can really get into my brain and annoy me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...