Pages

Friday, July 28, 2017

tgif

This week I read Brené Brown's book, The Gifts of Imperfection... it was so good! I'll save the book review for another day, but loved this idea she had about a gratitude blog she used to write on Fridays, called TGIF:



In her research, she found that she could create joy in her life by practicing gratitude. She uses a metaphor of Christmas lights to explain:


"Twinkle lights are the perfect metaphor for joy. Joy is not a constant. It comes to us in moments - often ordinary moments. Sometimes we miss out on the bursts of joy because we're too busy chasing down extraordinary moments. Other times we're so afraid of the dark we don't dare let ourselves enjoy the light. A joyful life is not a floodlight of joy. That would eventually become unbearable. I believe a joyful life is made up of joyful moments gracefully strung together by trust, gratitude, inspiration, and faith."

And so I bring another blogging format you might like to try out for yourself... TGIF: trust, gratitude, inspiration, faith.

I am trusting that Amazon really is going to show up with my next two books, Posted and The Universe Has Your Back.

I'm trusting that my family and friends understand the intent of my choices and behaviors is always positive, even when they could be interpreted another way.

I'm trusting that even though I feel that I've not done enough work for the coming school year (read: any work) I will still get things together in time enough for a great 15th (!!!) year of teaching.

I'm trusting that I'll find the perfect first day picture book to read to my class...any ideas?!

Feeling gratitude for my new mani-pedi. I was so in need, it had been like 6 weeks!

Feeling gratitude for the twinkle lights strung in my living room, that remind me to continually cultivate joy in my life by practicing gratitude.

Feeling gratitude for cool summer days with a breeze through the windows and amazing evening light on the bedroom side of my apartment. (idk my directions in Chicago!) 

Feeling inspired by Brené Brown, today, and always.

Feeling inspired by the amazing teachers I follow on social media, and my bffs who are teachers, too.

Feeling inspired by my friend Rachel who made a pie... from scratch. It was beautiful and smelled delicious and I think she saved me a piece!

Having faith in those I love most, that each one of them will find the things that bring them much happiness.

Having faith that I will make it to another Cubs game before the school year begins!


Having faith that my half sister, who I haven't been in much contact with, will decide that she'd like to build a more solid friendship with me in the coming years.

So, what did you think? I'd love to read your TGIF post! Write one and leave the link in my comments!


Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE, Love, love this! So much that I wrote one, on a Tuesday I have a TGIF post.
    http://randomthoughtsofagratefuladdict.blogspot.com/2017/08/tgif.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this!! http://bit.ly/2vAT1G8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiration is important in different field. Also it is important for the employees because they are doing more struggle and people are waiting to have it and to handle https://essayreviewuniverce.com/grademiners-review/ for more time which is really interesting to create a difference in different fields.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haryana Board 12th Model Paper 2021 Available Students you can Download in Pdf format form this web page below given links. HBSE Regular and Private Students Prepare their Exam from these Sample Papers, HBSE 12 Model Paper 2022 Students have to Register for Appearing in Public Exam 2022. Boardmodelpaper.com Provide Haryana 12th Class Hindi, English Medium Study Material and old Year Question Paper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...