Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

virtual vision board


Hey all y'all! It's the BigTime Blogging Challenge. I'm writing every day in July to celebrate my blog's three year anniversary! Join me - write your post, link it up with mine, leave some love for blogging friends in the form of comments!


Hey friends! Today we're sharing Virtual Vision Boards. What I'm thinking is you would just put some pics of the things you want to manifest in your life. If you have a vision board, feel free to just take a pic of it and share with us. I'm kinda lazy right now so that's my plan!


My obsession with this started last Christmas when I happened to hear about and then watch that movie The Secret on Netflix. The movie and the scientists in it describe how your body and mind can't differentiate between envisioning something and actually doing it, so to make your dreams a reality, it's a good idea to put them up somewhere visually where you can look at them and think about them. Since December, this is what I have.

First, my #olw for the year: Forward. It's been good for me and to me. I'm moving forward in lots of different ways - and one way (moving on to another part of the vision board) is that green 'a' symbol you may or may not be familiar with, is Arbonne. Arbonne is my new health and wellness franchise. I love their products and it's awesome to be able to share them with family, friends, and new acquaintances, too! Read more about my Arbonne stuff here.

Before we move on from Arbonne, one more thing related - that pic of me with three other friends in white is a symbol for an Arbonne party I hope to qualify for by next April - the white party in Vegas. So, slowly, steadily I'm hoping to keep sharing and moving forward with that!

Top left, that picture of me - just one that is related to health and wellness. I am totally okay with how I look now, but it's always nice to loose a few pounds, right? So that's just an old pic of me to keep that front and center. There's another old pic of me taped in my bathroom. I spend a lot of time blowdrying my hair and thinking about that!

The dog - I've been dreaming of a Golden Doodle for years, want to have Dudley in my life really really bad. He's even got a few posts here on BigTime Literacy, even though he hasn't arrived into my family yet!

The Lotto ticket and $5K - that actually already manifested. See, this stuff works! It didn't come to be as I though it would, like a $5K windfall, but instead as the result of a car accident insurance payout + a Carmax trade in + kind parents. I had a $5,000 downpayment when I got my new car a few months ago. That movie, The Secret, said to be specific on these boards and to pick a number. Not sure how or why I ended on $5K, but it totally came true!

The ring is pretty self-explanatory - looking for a great marriage. (The little banner under it spells love.)

Couple of trips I'd like to go on - Cabo and Tuscany. One day, I swear to you, I'm going!

Also, there's a brownstone there, I'd love a place in Chicago proper, one I owned, kinda the thing I need to get before/so I can get Dudley in my life. But it's crazy expensive and I just don't have a lot of extra cash floating around, but I'll get there.

I love my job as a Literacy Coach but no alarm clock would be amazing, or just waking up at like 7am sounds pretty perfect. Definitely enjoying that this time of year!

Bottom right corner - pics of all my closest friends, hope to have them all together in the same place one of these days!

Lastly, there's... a little prayer...? on there with a lot of text - I got that from Old St. Pat's a few months ago. I wanted to have something on my board that was related to OSP's and thought that this was just perfect, so I'll end with it...

It helps, now and then, to step back and take a long view.
The kingdom is not only beyond our efforts, it is even beyond our vision.
We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is God's work.
Nothing we do is complete, which is a way of saying that the Kingdom always lies beyond us.
  • No statement says all that could be said.
  • No prayer fully expresses our faith.
  • No confession brings perfection.
  • No pastoral visit brings wholeness.
  • No program accomplishes the Church's mission.
  • No set of goals and objectives includes everything.
This is what we are about.
  • We plant the seeds that one day will grow.
  • We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise.
  • We lay foundations that will need further development.
  • We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.
We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realizing that.
This enables us to do something, and to do it very well.
It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord's grace to enter and do the rest.
We may never see the end results, but that is the different between the master buider and the worker.
We are the workers, not master builders; ministers, not messiahs.

We are the prophets of a future not our own.
-In the spirit of Archbishop Oscar Romero

Okay so it's your turn!
Create your vision boards and share them with me here!


6 comments:

  1. When I, in my rural-smalltown-midwest-life imagine you in the Windy city, I imagine you in a brownstone like the ones in the picture. They match the personality of you that I have gotten to know through BTL and fb. I love your visual vision board and I am getting started mine as soon as I hit publish on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meed Dudley one day! Sometimes I forget he doesn't actually exist yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap, chlaymdia is one of the worst disease that you could ever have. it is very very nasty~ Live Streaming / Web streaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that site very usefull and this survey is very cirious, I ' ve never seen a blog that demand a survey for this actions, very curious... שרת וירטואלי

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. targonca szállítás Debrecen Europa-Road Kft

    ReplyDelete
  6. On the off chance that you're intending to host a get-together for these special seasons, at that point it's essential to do some occasion party arranging. This will assist with guaranteeing that the whole event goes easily. In any case, more critically, it will add to the rush and satisfaction in the Christmas season. Here are a few hints to make your vacation party a genuinely critical one:virtual christmas party


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...