Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

SOLSC #8: Teacher Balance

WRITE. Every day in March write a slice of life story on your own blog.
SHARE. Link your post in the comments on each daily call for a slice of life stories TWT.
GIVE. Comment on at least three other slice of life stories.

So this blogging challenge is pretty cool - except when I'm super busy at the spa :-) Yep - I'm at the spa this weekend, and I'm sliding in 10 minutes for a post because 1. I need to shower and get ready to go to dinner and 2. I only have 15% charge left on my computer.

My friend and I just got out of town for the night to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We're staying at The Abby Resort and Spa and it's *super* nice. Already today, we've been hanging out in the pool, whirlpool, and I just had my first experience with the steam room.



So there you are in this hot little room with lots of steam - so much so - that your contacts are getting some condensation going on. But, it feels so good! The steamer will snap on (kinda scared me the first time) but then it will get all full of steam again. In this winter, when the sheets on my bed give me a fireworks show each night with all the static, it's nice to sit in a steam room and get some moisture back in my skin!

I do this all in the name of teacher balance, you know :-)

Anyways, nothing else really to report, except that it's such a cool place to visit....and this is the middle of winter! I can only imagine how awesome this place is in the summer!

Have you gotten away any time recently? Please share!

PS - I'm only down to 9% battery now!

2 comments:

  1. A spa day or weekend sounds absolutely perfect! And also perfectly necessary for maintaining balance in the crazy busy life of a teacher! I love your line about the sheets giving you a fireworks show! We have that going on in Colorado too! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was born in Milwaukee and with the winter you have been having lately you deserve a spa weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...