Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

SOLSC #16: You know you're a coach when...

WRITE. Every day in March write a slice of life story on your own blog.
SHARE. Link your post in the comments on each daily call for a slice of life stories TWT.
GIVE. Comment on at least three other slice of life stories.

So there we were, Courtney and I, in our room on Friday night, about to go to sleep. Courtney is another Literacy Coach in my district and we split a room to save some dough. We really got to know each other and had a fun time, too!

It was about 1:30 in the morning - felt like a middle school sleepover! I had come home after dinner and fell asleep around 8. Courtney went back out with a few of the other coaches, but then by the time she came home, I was wide awake again.

We stayed up talking for a few hours. By 1:30, we were both getting kind of tired, but do you know what we were talking about? Fluency. I mean, come on...here I am asking her for advice for one of my kiddos who reads kinda choppy. You know you're a Literacy Coach when you're talking about fluency in the middle of the night!


Before I go:
I had a lot of ideas swirling around in my head today about what I could write about, but I just really didn't want to do it, which is why I'm only leaving you with just this short piece. Do other writers have that? Where you're just not in the mood? I'm not sure what is up with me, but I'm not in the mood to do much of anything today. Lazy Sunday at it's finest, I guess!

Hoping it'll be better tomorrow!
Night!


2 comments:

  1. That is how I felt Thursday and Friday night. The act of writing is done although you weren't feeling it! Be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most slicers have days when they feel great about the writing and days when it's only so so. The important thing is that we're doing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...