Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

classroom slice of life 3.29.15

WRITE your story.
SHARE your link.
GIVE at least three comments.


Good morning! Hope you are having a great weekend. Here is a little bit of writing inspiration for you as we are in the home stretch of the challenge!

"I wrote from a sense of need. I needed something to do. You can't just sleep all day long." -Snoopy

"All that I hope to say in books, all that I ever hope to say, is that I love the world." -E.B. White

"Writing is like baseball or piano playing. You have to practice if you want to be successful." -Betsy Byars

"I give myself permission to suck. I delete about 90 percent of my first drafts.....so it doesn't really matter much if on a particular day I write beautiful and brilliant prose that will stick in the minds of my readers forever, because there's a 90% chance I'm just gonna delete whatever I write anyway. I find this hugely liberating. I also like to remind myself of something my dad said in (response) to writers' block: 'Coal miners don't get coal miners' block.'" -John Green

Let's finish strong, kiddos!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...